Developing our People - The Toyota Academy, our Training Division, is a resounding
Our training division is fully MERSETA accredited, boasts many Skills Development
Initiatives and offers training to its Dealer Network, Toyota Employees, as well
as Toyota Suppliers. State-of-the-art training facilities are found on both the
Johannesburg and Durban Campuses.
Sector Education & Training Authorities (SETA’s)
The Academy was fully accredited by the MERSETA in December 2006 and is successfully
running two learnerships. The Durban facility is also an accredited Trade Test Centre.
- Sector specific bodies (SETA’s) encourage skills development through the establishment
of a system of levies and grants, the registration of new learners and the quality
assurance of training providers and assessors.
- The 23 SETA’s broadly reflect different sectors of the SA economy.
- The MERSETA is the SETA for Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services, covering
the metal and engineering, auto manufacturing, motor retail and components, new
tyre and plastics industries.
The Academy is a fully accredited service provider, which means our qualifications
are nationally recognised. The Academy now offers 3 nationally registered qualifications:
- National Certificate in Mechatronics: NQF 2.
- National Certificate in Automotive Repair and Maintenance: NQF 2.
- National Certificate in Maintaining Vehicles: NQF 3.
Dealers wishing to enroll learners on any of the above mentioned qualifications,
can claim money back per learner from the MERSETA.