Your “Dream Car”
15 years old and younger who live in South Africa
(1) Category 1: Under 8 years old
(2) Category 2: 8-11 years old
(3) Category 3: 12-15 years old
17 January, 2017 to 1 March, 2017 (entries accepted no later than this date)
Please send artworks to the contest office according to the following guidelines.
(1) Paper size: 400mm x 550 mm (15.7-21.7in.) or smaller
* The recommended size is A3 or tabloid size. (A4, quarter, and octavo sizes are also acceptable.)
* The color, material, and shape of paper can be chosen freely.
* Drawings will be displayed/retained in a frame. Therefore, a drawing including a form itself must
not be thicker than 5mm.
(2) Drawing materials: Any
* Any drawing materials can be used, such as color pencils, markers, crayons, or paints.
* Collage or cutout pictures will be allowed for plane drawings, excluding ones making other
artworks dirty or requiring special care in handling.
(3) Unacceptable Artworks
* CG artwork created on a computer or similar device will not be accepted.
* Collaborative artwork drawn by multiple individuals will not be accepted.
* Artwork created by a person other than the participant
* Piece with incomplete Entry Forms or missing information
(4) Entry form
Please prepare an entry form. Download the entry form from the following website, Toyota South Africa website (www.toyota.co.za).
Please fill in all the necessary items on the entry form, and securely attach it to the back of your artwork.
Please see the “Entry method” provided on the entry form for more detailed methods.
(1) Permission of the parent or legal guardian is necessary when entering the contest.
(2) Destination address
PO Box 481, Bergvlei, 2012
“Toyota Dream Car Art Contest” Administration Office of Toyota South Africa
Judging will be strictly conducted in two stages. Submitted artworks will first be judged at the Toyota South Africa Head Office, with the top three artworks being selected from each age category.
The top three places in each age category will be entered in the World Contest. At the World Contest, the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest judges will choose the outstanding artworks submitted from each country, and select the gold, silver, and bronze award winners, as well as the finalists.
Special award winners will be selected out of the finalists from the World Contest
The top 3 artworks from each age category at the Toyota South Africa Contest will be announced on this website and a prize for the top 5 will be awarded to the winners. At the World Contest, an award certificate and extra prize will be presented to the gold, silver, and bronze award winners, and they will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Japan.
Announcement of winners
The results of Toyota South Africa Contest are scheduled to be announced in April 2016, and the results of the World Contest will be announced in September 2016. All of these results will be posted on the global website for the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest
The Administration Office will contact the winners (in the case of a group, the person in charge.
- Submission that have previously been released, submissions that have been entered in other
contests, and submissions that infringe on a third party’s copyrights will not be accepted.
- Multiple submissions are allowed from the same person. However, only one prize will be awarded per person.
- Family members of employees of TMC or TMC related companies are also eligible to participate.
- Any private information collected as part of the contest will not be used for any other purpose.
- Award-winning artworks of the Contest will not be returned.
- All rights in the submitted artworks, including but not limited to publication, use, adaption,
editing, and revision rights, will belong to Toyota Motor Corporation.
- The submitted artworks may be used in advertisements and printed materials by Toyota
Motor Corporation for the purpose of advertising.
- Prize eligibility may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- The winners must submit to Toyota Motor Corporation a declaration attesting that they meet
the eligibility requirements and an agreement that they will not submit their award-winning artworks to any other art contest.
Handling of personal information
- Notification of judging and judging results of this contest
- Sending of prizes for this contest by mail
- Surveys for the purpose of improving the content of this contest, and for anonymous
statistical analysis for marketing, etc.
- Under adequate safeguards any usage deemed necessary by Toyota Motor Corporation in
order to conduct the contest fairly and safely.
* Disclosure of personal information to third parties: With the exception of providing personal information to contractors within the necessary scope of conducting this contest, personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without the permission of the individual.
* In operating and managing this contest, personal information will be provided to a company contracted to handle personal information that has adequate safeguards in place.