Symbolism of the Toyota logo
The Toyota logo consists of three ellipses, arranged to form a stylised “T.”
The outer ellipse
- Essentially a circle – the symbol of completeness.
- Representing strength and dynamism.
- It is viewed from a slight perspective – to give it its elliptical shape – which
is representative of Toyota’s unique perspective on the automotive industry.
- The outer circle draws together various elements including family, fellowship, unity
- It symbolises our embrace of future challenges with the boundless potential of our
technology and our priority to create a “full-circle” experience.
The horizontal ellipse
Represents the actual product that you interact with on a day to day basis quality,
workmanship, reliability and longstanding relationships that have become synonymous
with the Toyota experience.
The vertical ellipse
- The vertical ellipse is a sign of life.
- It represents our customers and their importance to Toyota.
- We understand your needs and strive to meet them in everything we do.
As is evident in our logo, you are central to the goals of the organisation in that
we endeavour to exceed your expectations.