- To establish national training facilities and related 4x4 resources to ensure the “best offer” for all 4x4 interest groups – owners (private and fleet), potential owners, dealers and manufacturers.
- To establish Toyota Advanced Driving as the leader and an innovator in all the realms in which it operates.
- To ensure that training facilities are manned by qualified instructors, utilizing fully equipped multi-brand training vehicles ensuring quality training.
- To ensure that all related activities are run to the highest standards and resources usage is maximised.
- To promote Toyota Advanced Driving as caring organisation in the areas of actively promoting road safety and caring for the environment.
- Ensure representation on Committees (National Offroad Forum) dealing with environmental affairs in consultation with Government pertaining to regulations governing 4x4 activities.
- Implement additional training programmes to incorporate Trucks (medium to extra-heavy), Taxi and Caravan/Trailer towing.
- Work closely with all Road Safety Agencies and initiatives, including the SA Guild of Motoring Journalists’ CARS (committee for Active Road Safety)
- Cross marketing opportunities at all Shows and Exhibitions.
- Participate in product development activities with manufacturers/suppliers.
- Provide staff, dealer and customer training as well as organising product launch events.
Companies we were and are currently contracted to conduct training for:
- Boart Longyear – Democratic Republic of Congo & Zambia
- Zambezi Resources
- Optimum Coal – Middelburg
- Kumba Iron Ore Company
- Anglo Operations LTD
- BHP Billiton
- Tenke Fungurume Mining – Congo
- Lonmin PLC – Zanzibar
- De Beers Mining
- Sasol Mining
- Anglo Gold Ashanti
- MSA Geoservices
- African Aura Mining – Cameroon
Continental Offroad Academy: Established in 1990 the Academy was responsible for successfully launching the Camel Trophy event in South Africa. Our responsibilities included designing and constructing tasks, training, selections and logistics primarily for the South African teams. Due to our infrastructure we were approached by various other countries to assist with their selections and successfully hosted 80 candidates from Europe in 1996 in South Africa.
In 1997 we were granted AA Quality Assured Status, the first offroad training organisation to have achieved this and still the only one, and also the preferred supplier to the SA Guild of Motoring Journalists.
We were also contracted to run and assist with the local and international events like MTN Adventure Challenge, Malaysian Rainforest Challenge, Ruff Stuff Challenge, Auto Africa, Thunder City, Mission Antarctica, Petronas Africa Trek, Toyota Europe Press Launch, Rand Show and the launch of the Survivor Africa television series.
We have been associated with Topcar Magazine for the past 8 years to assist with their 4x4 Road test programme. Other magazines we have done similar work with are Wiel, Getaway, S.A.4x4 and Out There. We were also involved with doing TV shoots with TourismBiz (SABC 2), Adrenalien (KykNet) and AgriTV.
After an exclusive 12-year relationship with Toyota South Africa, the Academy was successfully awarded the contract to facilitate all Toyota’s Advanced Driving requirements. Registered in 2007 - “Toyota Advanced Driving”.
We are the sole representatives in Africa for Test & Training – QAMTC the European Automobile Association and the international market leaders in Driver Training.
While the TAD Head Office is in Gauteng, courses are carried out nationwide. TAD also offers the added benefit of being able to carry out tailor-made onsite training throughout Africa. We are currently involved with training in six different African countries, with requests to expand this to these clients other operations in the rest of Africa and Europe.